We are now recruiting for a confident and capable Assistant IT Manager to join a team of IT professionals based on the Isle of Wight, delivering support, administration and maintenance of all back-office IT and EPOS systems for a leading national retailer. As the leading brand in their industry, this business has been growing in strength for decades, and now boasts an impressive front end retail system, as well as a slick wholesale operation. From customer care to quality control, every element of this business is tied together with IT systems that require constant monitoring and care.
This team adapts to the changing needs of the business, so the successful applicant will need to be a great 'all rounder' rather than a specialist in one specific area of IT support. From installing new hardware onsite to remotely offering support as required, the priorities of the IT department change from day to day so a flexible and adaptable approach to work, along with a skill for prioritisation will be key.
Duties will include:
- Technical support for internal staff and other end users
- Configuration, installation and testing of ICT equipment across the business
- Monitoring and administration of servers and systems , running monthly reports
- Monitoring and administration of network equipment such as switches, routers and Wi-Fi access points
- Monitoring, administration and remedial action for backup and antivirus system
- Support with systems development and testing
- Database administration
- Windows server and desktop administration (Windows Server 2012 R2/2016/2019, Windows 10)
- Active Directory administration
- Virtualisation administration (Hyper-V or similar)
- SQL server administration (Microsoft SQL)
- Office 365 general knowledge and administration
- IT networking experience (TCP/IP, VLANs, VPNs)
- Applicants with POS systems experience will have an advantage.
This role will require working both remotely and on location around the UK and occasionally overseas. Because of this, applicants must be prepared to undertake independent travel fairly regularly (potentially as often as once a month). Due to the remote office location, applicants will also need to have their own motorised transport as there are no suitable public transport options available.
What's on offer?
- A competitive salary of up to £30,000 per annum
- 35 hour week, 9-5 Monday to Friday (with occasional out of hours / weekend work or 'on call' duties)
- The opportunity to travel regularly within the UK and overseas
- A diverse workload in a supportive and friendly team
- Ongoing professional development and promotion opportunities
- Stable and secure employment on a permanent basis
- Becoming part of a well established and respected brand
To be considered for this position please apply with an up to date CV and a short cover note, introducing yourself and stating your key skills.
Sunshine Recruitment Solutions is acting on behalf of this employer as an Employment Agency, we will be introducing a hand-picked shortlist of recommended applicants to the hiring manager for review. Please contact our office on 01983 215777 if you would like to have a confidential discussion about this vacancy.